The Library welcomes the use of its meeting spaces for educational, cultural, civic and information functions of the Roselle community.
Applications (Community Room A, May 1 - July 31, 2021)
Beginning April 5, 2021, applications for Community Room A will be accepted for meeting dates May 1, 2021, through July 31, 2021. No applications will be accepted prior to April 5, 2021. You must apply at least ten days in advance of your meeting date. All deposits and proof of non-profit status, if it pertains to your organization, must be submitted before your application can be processed. Please be sure to read the attached Meeting Spaces Policy before submitting any requests.
- Community Room A (max capacity 15; time limited to two hours; one group per day)
Priority is made for Library-sponsored meeting, programs, and events. Applications for meeting space use from outside groups or organizations are approved in the following order:
- Friends of the Library and Library Foundation meetings, programs, and events.
- Local nonprofit-sponsored meetings or programs.
- Meetings of local organizations engaged in cultural, civic, educational, intellectual, or charitable causes or activities.
- Meetings of commercial organizations located in the Roselle Public Library District or operated by Library cardholders.
- Meetings of other organizations not described by numbers 1 - 4 above, as space is available.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the following rules will pertain until further notice.
- Only one (1) group per day for a maximum of two (2) hours, which includes any set up time.
- The only equipment available for rent is the screen. ($5.00 for each use)
- Only Community Room A is available at this time.
- Maximum capacity is fifteen (15) people. Attendees may be counted by Library staff.
- Masks will be required and enforced, per Library policy.
- Social distancing and adherence to all other public health guidance like hand washing/sanitizing is expected of all participants for the duration of your meeting.
- Kitchenette is unavailable.
- No food allowed.
- Water is allowed.
- Library Staff will not be available to help with equipment, set up, or take down, other than the screen.
- All rooms must be vacated at least 15 minutes prior to Library closing time.
All groups or organizations requesting use of Library meetings spaces that fall under categories 2 - 5 must provide contact information for at least one member who is a Library cardholder or a resident of the library district. The following guidelines must also be adhered to when utilizing Library meeting spaces:
- All meetings held in Library meeting spaces must be open to the public.
- Groups must comply with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act and are responsible for providing a qualified sign-language interpreter or other available auxiliary aids when informed of needs by an attendee at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance.
- Library meeting spaces may not be reserved for social gatherings.
- Library meeting spaces may not be reserved by political candidates, campaigns, or committees for campaign purposes.
- No fundraising, collections, admission charges or other money-raising activities are allowed in Library meeting spaces unless all proceeds go to the Library. However, groups may charge attendees for actual costs of materials used in a program, e.g. workbooks, handouts, supplies. All such fees must be disclosed at the time of application.
- Meetings that would interfere with normal Library activities, such as those that involved excessive noise or the use of hazardous materials are not permitted.
- Pets or non-service animals are prohibited, unless involved in a Library-sponsored event or program.
- The Library's name and contact information may not be used as the address or headquarters for any group using the Library's meeting spaces. Groups may not imply by any means in any form that their meeting is sponsored, affiliated, or endorsed by the Library. Groups may not direct any calls or correspondence, even on a temporary basis, to the Library.
- Groups using Library meeting spaces may not deny access to any person on the basis of race, religion, sex or gender, age, national origin, or physical or mental disability.
- Organizations composed of members under the age of eighteen (18) must have a 1:15 ratio of adult chaperones to attendees. Chaperones will assume responsibility for the group's activities.
- Use of the Library meeting spaces is generally free, though deposits may be assessed at the time of booking, and other nominal fees may apply to reserve equipment or accessories.
- In the event a group is found to have caused damage to any meeting space or its contents, any deposit will be forfeit and any additional cleaning, repair or replacement costs will be forwarded to the responsible party listed on the application.
- Permission to use Library meeting spaces will not be granted to groups or organizations known to have caused damage to any meeting space or its contents, or known to have caused disturbances or otherwise violated Library policies or procedures in the course of utilizing meeting spaces.
The Library assumes no responsibility or liability for accidents, injury, or loss of individual property in the Roselle Public Library. Approval to use a library meeting space does not in any way constitute endorsement of a group’s policies, officers, mission or beliefs by the Library. In any public announcement, the user may not use the Library’s name in such a way that it may be inferred that the library is the host or sponsor of the scheduled meeting.
Community Room availability may change depending on conditions or restrictions affecting DuPage County/Region 8 and any other relevant statewide guidance in place in relation to COVID-19. Reservations may be cancelled by the Library at any time for any reason.
Community Room reservations are limited to the Library’s hours of operation. Check the Library’s website for additional rooms available or for the latest information concerning hours and services.
By applying for Community Room use you acknowledge that you have read all of the rules and regulations listed above and as written in the attached Meeting Spaces Policy. Failure to abide by all of these rules may result in suspension of privileges up to one year.
Reserve Community Room A
Applications are accepted and processed by the Business Office. Apply online or call the office at 630-529-1641, ext. *313. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.