Print in Three Dimensions
The Library offers 3D printing classes for interested patrons. Please click here to browse our event calendar for upcoming offerings.
To print a 3D design at the library:
- Bring us a flash drive with your design saved in .stl format.
- Sign the user agreement, available upstairs at the Youth Services desk.
- Leave the user agreement and flash drive with us. We will slice and print your design, and then call you to notify you when your object is finished.
- The cost is ten cents per gram, and you will pick up your object and pay at the Circulation Desk.
Questions? Please call 630-529-1641 *351 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill out the form below to submit a 3D print file for printing. All fields are required except for the Comments field. Files must be in .stl or .obj format. The cost is ten cents per gram.
The current filament color is red. The next filament color will be purple.
By filling out the form below, you agree to follow all Library policies and procedures that govern 3D printing at the Library. You also attest that you have read and understood the following:
- Print jobs are scheduled at the discretion of Library personnel, generally on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Designs must be submitted in .stl or .obj format.
- Library personnel will review designs before printing to ensure printing feasibility, i.e. that the object will fit on he print bed and will not cause excessive printing time.
- All print jobs will be in a single color.
- Library personnel will not remove rafts or supports in any printed object. Rafts or supports may be automatically added by the printer's slicing software to prevent misprints.