Print in Three Dimensions
The Library has temporarily suspended 3D printing classes for interested patrons. Please click here to browse our event calendar for other upcoming events.
Please fill out the form below to submit a 3D print file for printing. All fields are required except for the Comments field. Files must be in .stl or .obj format. A fee of ten cents per gram will be charged at the time of receipt of your printout.
The current filament color is purple. The next filament color will be green.
The maximum dimensions of an object our printer can handle are 24 cm across, 14 cm deep, and 15 cm high.
We will not be able to accept print jobs that take more than 10 hours to print.
When your job is finished, we will contact you regarding a time and date you can pick it up via our curbside service.
Questions? Please call 630-529-1641 *351 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By filling out the form below, you agree to follow all Library policies and procedures that govern 3D printing at the Library. You also attest that you have read and understood the following:
- Print jobs are scheduled at the discretion of Library personnel, generally on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Designs must be submitted in .stl or .obj format.
- Library personnel will review designs before printing to ensure printing feasibility, i.e. that the object will fit on he print bed and will not cause excessive printing time.
- All print jobs will be in a single color.
- Library personnel will not remove rafts or supports in any printed object. Rafts or supports may be automatically added by the printer's slicing software to prevent misprints.