COVID-19 Concerns & Precautions
The Roselle Public Library District is closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic by following news and updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), in addition to the Illinois Department of Health and the DuPage County Health Department (DCHD). Currently, routine measures are already in place to ensure the Library is a safe and healthy place for the community to gather and use Library resources and services, including nightly cleaning seven nights a week, with a concentration on commonly used surfaces like tables, counters, railings, door knobs, and keyboards.
For detailed information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) concerning the COVID-19 pandemic in the DuPage County region, visit our CDC micro site.
In addition to guidance from the CDC, IDPH, and DCHD regarding COVID-19 we ask the community to take preventative measures to avoid transmission of COVID-19, including:
- Stay home if you feel sick or are showing any symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If no soap and water are available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a trash bin immediately. If no tissues are available, use your arm or elbow.
- If you or a member of your household contracts COVID-19 and you/they recently visited the Library, please contact Samantha Johnson, Executive Director, immediately by phone at 630-529-1641 x*311 and inform her of the date(s) and time(s) you were last at the Library.
Common human coronaviruses usually cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses. Symptoms may include:
- Shortness of breath
- Headache or body aches
Please consult your healthcare provider if you have any concerns for yourself or a family member with symptoms.
Again, if you are or believe you or anyone in your household may be sick with a respiratory virus, please remain at home. Electronic and web-based Library resources are available 24/7 through the Library’s website. If you have questions about how to download or stream materials, please call the Library at 630-529-1641 ext. 211 to speak with a librarian who can assist you or email us at email@example.com.
For more information and up-to-date details of the state of COVID-19, please visit:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Illinois Department of Public Health Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Frequently Asked Questions
- DuPage County Health Department Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) Information
- World Health Organization Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak