Support a connected, well-informed community for all by providing access to a variety of cultural, educational, technological, and creative materials and services.
The Roselle Library Center started in January 1940 as a Works Progress Administration Project. The public school furnished space for the first public library in Roselle in the Sauk Pioneer School. In April 1943 the Village of Roselle took over the maintenance of the Library by levying a tax to finance continued operation and the Library moved to a new building at the corner of Main and Park. In 1972 the community voted to approve the creation of the Roselle Public Library District. The Library is currently located in a 24,000 square foot building on Park Street dedicated in 1982 and remodeled in 1997. It houses a collection of over 99,000 physical items and over 87,000 digital items.
For more local history, see the Roselle Digital Archive.