As of Saturday, March 14th, the Library will close to the public until at least Wednesday, April 8th, in order to comply with the Governor's Executive Order 2020-10 and to facilitate social distancing measures for our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. All library materials currently checked out have been extended to Friday, May 1st. We apologize for any inconvenience and will work to ensure no library users accrue unnecessary fines or fees in relation to this temporary closure.
Library staff are available to assist patrons over the phone and via email. Most staff voicemail will redirect to staff working remotely and if you would like to contact a librarian electronically, please send an email to email@example.com. For more contact information, refer to our Contact page.
Due to this temporary closure the following library services are postponed and will remain so until further notice:
- All in-person programming and events for all ages
- All meeting room reservations
- All outreach services
- All in-person reference services
- All checkout of physical materials
- All interlibrary loans and holds
- The acceptance of donated materials for the Friends of the Library
Digital Library Services
Electronic library materials like e-books, e-audiobooks, music, and streamable videos are available 24/7 through our website. If you have any questions about how to download or stream content at home, please call the Adult Services Desk at 630-529-1641 x*211 or email a librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Larger Gatherings at the Library
The following larger gatherings are also cancelled and will be rescheduled, if possible:
- Census Day Party on April 1st (important information about the 2020 Census)
- Friends of the Library Spring Book Sale on April 4th and 5th
- 80th Anniversary Showcase on April 24th
It is important that all members of our community continue to be diligent about washing hands with soap and water and practice good respiratory etiquette. Though no cases have yet to be reported in Roselle, senior citizens and those with underlying health conditions are highly advised to avoid visiting public spaces in order to prevent contracting COVID-19. The Library's cleaning crew disinfects high-touch areas like common surfaces, door knobs, railings, and keyboards each night and library staff are spot cleaning throughout as necessary.
For detailed information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) concerning the COVID-19 pandemic in the DuPage County region, visit our CDC micro site.
You can also visit the following for more information:
- Illinois Department of Health - COVID-19 information
- State of Illinois Coronavirus Response Page
- DuPage County Health Department - COVID-19 information
- World Health Organization - COVID-19 information
Last updated: March 25, 2020 at 12:50 p.m.